13 December 2007

Annie Lennox Website


My friend Issey Nini recently told me about Annie Lennox's website which I had never seen before.

It's really amazing. The site is beautifully designed and Annie has a lot to say.
Annie has always been a role model and an advocate for fairness, tolerance, the environment and for people living with HIV/AIDS.

Annie's new song "Sing" is an anthem for women in South Africa and everywhere to get tested and to de-stigmatize HIV. Annie teamed up with 23 of the world’s most acclaimed female superstar voices including Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink, Shakira, KT Tunstall, Dido, Faith Hill, Fergie, Beth Orton, Bonnie Raitt, Joss Stone, Angelique Kidjo K.D Lang, Gladys Knight, Sarah McLachlan and others. The charity record, raises money and awareness for the HIV/AIDS organisation, Treatment Action Campaign (TAC).

Recently Annie said
"Several years ago I personally witnessed Nelson Mandela, standing in front of his former prison cell on Robben Island, addressing the World's press. His message was that the pandemic of HIV/AIDS in Africa was in fact, a genocide. Since that time I resolved to do as much as I can to bring attention to the HIV/AIDS crisis."

Sing My Sister Sing!
Let Your Voice be Heard.
What Won't Kill You
Will Make You Strong.
Sing My Sister Sing!"

The original version is taken from Annie’s new album Songs of Mass Destruction and on December 1 (World AIDS Day) special remixes were released as well by Moto Blanco, Dean Coleman, Harry “Choo Choo” Rimirez and Annie Lennox & Nitin Sawhney

I loved this line from here recent post about having performed at the Nobel Peace Prize Press Conference. "My message is exactly the same as the day I wrote my first blog...WE NEED TO GET ACTIVE! Get on board...get involved...no matter what. Even if “this boat is sinking” let’s not go down without at least trying to swim!"

No comments:

Post a Comment